Yantian Port – Further UpdateJune 4, 2021
Are you aware of your responsibilities as a shipper – adviceJuly 1, 2021
Customer Advisory – Greater China Yantian / Shekou / Nansha port operations update
We have received the below from one of our partners which provides concise details of the ongoing Greater China port disruptions:
The following is an update on the latest COVID-19 related impacts to the Yantian/Shekou/Nansha port in the Greater China Area. The situation continues to deteriorate as more positive COVID cases have been confirmed in Shenzhen where Yantian port and Shekou port are located and in Guangzhou where Nansha port is located.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and are doing our best to mitigate the impact on your supply chain where possible.
Due to further measures being implemented, increased congestion and vessel delays upwards of 15 days are expected in Yantian port. All operations in the western area of YICT have been suspended until further notice.
Yantian International Container Terminal (YICT) yard density remains elevated with disinfection and quarantine measures being continuously implemented by local authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We expect continued terminal congestion and vessel delays upwards of 15 days in the coming week.
Yantian International Container Terminal (YICT) updates:
- Operation in the eastern area of the terminal where mother vessels mainly berth continues to experience the low productivity which is about 30% of its normal level.
- All operations in the western area of YICT have been suspended until further notice.
containers and transshipment containers have been detained there until further notice.
- From 00:00 AM 7th of Jun, export laden container gate-in continues to be accepted only 3 days prior to vessel ETA, AND only after the terminal confirms the advance reservation made by trucking companies for laden containers gate-in.
- Import laden container pick-up which is mainly concentrated in the eastern area of the port maintains normal operations.
- Shekou port including Chiwan Container Terminal, Mawan Container Terminal and Shekou Container
From 00:00 AM 6th of June to 23:59 PM 13 th of June, export laden container gate-in will be accepted only 3 days prior to vessel ETA.
Nansha port updates:
From 00:00 AM 7th of June, export laden container gate-in will be accepted only 7 days prior to vessel ETA in Nansha port.
Due to aforementioned disruptions, we regret to inform you that several vessels will be omitting the Port of Yantian and Shekou in order to protect schedule reliability.
We will of course keep you updated with this, and you will be notified at first instance if any of your shipments with us are affected. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these times.